Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its Fall!

At first I was like WHATEVER about Fall coming...but now im happy its here. The weather has been soooo nice. Yesterday the girls and I spent the day at my grandma's and we were outside most of the day. It was nice to just sit out on her patio with a nice breeze while the kids played and I got to visit with my grandma and her sisters.

Today is my grandma's 72nd birthday. Im sure she never thought she'd be this age...just like I never thought I'd be this close to 30! For some reason 30 just seemed sooooo far away that I was sure I wouldnt make it...but here I am a little over a month away from being 2 years away from 30.

My grandma is a young 72 though. She's active, very healthy, she's always on the go. She walks about 3 miles a day (when she can), she mows her lawn if i dont get to it before she does, she works in her flower beds and she keeps my girls alot. I just dont look at her as an "old" lady because she doesnt act like one. Ive seen people her age before who act like they are 100 years old. I hope that when im her age, given Jesus hasnt returned by that time, that I am in as good of health as she is.

I keep throwing around the idea of making a quilt for my girls. I think im going to ask my grandma to help me so that they can have a quilt made her and I both to treasure. She's never really been into quiliting, but she knows how to do it since she watched her mother make many quilts when she was a kid. Of course the quilts that my great-grandma made were all stitched and quilted by hand, so it was probably alot harder and more time consuming. Im going to use my sewing machine. Im not sure about the quilting part...my grandma said that I could take it somewhere and have it quilted, but im not sure if i want to do that.

So, I met some really nice girls today! I ran across Christine's blog one day and then she invited me to join her local mom's group and today I met her and another girl named Brandy! I really enjoyed visiting with them even though Catelyn was a handful at McD's and I kept having to get up and get her out of people's purses and seats. It was kind of funny actually. She was very friendly today, but most of the time she's really shy and wont let me put her down. I think she enjoyed playing with the other kids in the play area, so that took her mind off being shy.

I realized just how small this world really is! Brandy and I both have had run-ins with the same psycho girl who joins every mom's group she can find and then starts trouble in the group. Some how it did not suprise me that she knew her, nor did it suprise me that she knew just how psycho the girl is! Crazy.

I have a ton of stuff to do....so off to work I go!

♥

1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma. :D
It was a lot of fun today. I'm glad we got to meet. Your Catelyn is a sweetie. It wore me out watching you chase Catelyn around. She does have a lot of energy. I think the quilt is an awesome idea.

Blog Archive