Im on the search for a really good baked potato soup recipe. Ive tried this one twice and I personally think its pretty good. Its fairly thick, which is how I like it.
The only problem Ive had was that it called for chicken broth and all i had was a jar of those granules that you dissolve into hot water--well those are much stronger than regular broth that you buy already made, so the taste was kind of prominent in the soup. It wasnt BAD, just a little much. Next time ill definately use already made broth.
Also, I baked my potatoes and did not use the skin in the soup, though im sure it would be good with it. I used evaporated milk, and a little bit of whole milk. And, i cooked up some bacon (and used the grease for flavor--healthy i know!) and i grated alot of cheddar cheese into the soup! If you know me, you know that I LOOOOVE cheese =)
'Tis the season for good soups, stews and chilis!
Gooey Oven-Baked Mac and Cheese
19 hours ago





2 comments:
Potato soup sounds good. I think I'm going to make beef stew tonight. It's more like soup but we like it with biscuits. YUM!
Yum, I love good potato soup. I am making cheesy chicken chowder tonight and it's similar to potato soup except it has chicken in it.
Post a Comment