Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blissfully Domestic Dot Com

Oh how I LOVE this new site thats going to occupy too much of my time! Blissfully Domestic is on my top list of sites that I love.

Some of you know that my daughter Courtney, is very strong-willed and defiant at times. Im not sure if Catelyn is or not yet. Sometimes she seems to be, others she's nothing like Courtney. We'll see. Anyhoo, on Blissfully Domestic, I found this post about using a ticket system with kids -they do something that you want them to, in a nice way, and they get tickets. With tickets they can get a movie rental, play a game, etc etc. So, I am going to try out the Ticket System with Courtney (and Catelyn when she's a bit older) and see if it works. I will be giving updates later. At this point, it can only get better....right???

I also read this post under the Frugal Bliss section. Its about a Price Book, and this looks like something I'd be really interested in trying out!

OK, off to read more BLISS stuff!!!

3 comments:

@nnie said...

I have tried the ticket system and the kids loved it! It was very successful! My only comment on this is to tell the kids you are going to try it for 3 week or 6 weeks or whatever. Then you have an end in mind and can make a decision about how to handle it after that. Blessings!

Melinda said...

I am interested to see how the ticket system works out for you.

I am also a big fan of Blissfully Domestic - they have some great tips on there!

Brandy said...

I bookmarked that site the other day but haven't had time to look at it.

I used to do a marble jar with Bryce. Whenever I got him doing something good he got a marble and when he half filled up the jar he got something and then when he filled up the jar he got something. We only did it one time but it worked great.

Blog Archive