Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A month...already??

Today, Nov 4, marks a month since Barkely's death. I cant believe it. We still miss having him around, and now our backyard seems barren without him and Gus playing out there during the day. Gus has gone back to being his old self, like before Barkley came along. He just lays around and sleeps all day long. When we got Barkley, they played alot, and now its like Gus is alone, and lonely again. I feel bad for him.





We are throwing around the idea of getting another dog, but we arent sure yet. I am personally scared to get another dog after what we went through with Barkley. Im thinking that we might go check out Free To Live and see about getting a dog from them thats about a year old or so, thats fixed and has had shots. I'd feel much better about that than getting a brand new puppy who might be more succeptible to parvo (if thats infact what Barkley had). Our vet said we should get a puppy thats about a year to a year and a half old.





I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.



Blurry cell phone pic of Gus and Barkley in their pool. They sure had a time together.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm sorry Amber. :( I think whenever you're ready to get a dog you need to. Sounds like Gus is lonely and it might be good for him to have a new friend.

Blog Archive