For Christmas decorations!!! This week I plan on dragging out all my Christmas decor and going through it to see what im using this year. Each year ive been trying to have a color theme, and this year we chose Red and Green (well and a little gold and maybe a hint of cream). So, the only things on the tree, besides our family ornaments, are going to be red and green decorations.
Last year we bought an already made white wreath with blue and silver decor that I LOVE, but its not red and green, so it will not go out this year =( So, I bought a plain green wreath at Garden Ridge and ribbon to coordinate with our colors and ill be assembling it this week.
We usually put up multi-colored lights on our house, but im trying to talk Mark into buying only red and green. I dont think he's gonna go for buying all new lights just because of my particular-ness.
I have TONS of ornaments to make, but they probably wont be done this week. They might not even be started this week since its my aunts birthday, Thanksgiving, then Catelyns birthday.
The other night at Michaels, I bought a pack of foam Christmas trees, and foam stickers to put it them. Im going to punch a hole in the top, string ribbon through and let the girls decorate them. There will be some for our tree, some for my parents, grandma and Marks parents. Every year the girls will be making and giving some sort of Christmas ornament to family. I just wish I had thought about it sooner, but I guess better a little late than never!
Today, I hope to get our Christmas count-down calendar atleast started, if not completed. Its not going to like an Advent Calender,like with the 12 days of Christmas. Its just going to be a calendar that starts on Dec 1 and ends on Dec 25th. Ill be posting pix of my finished projects on my other blog.
Ive got lots to do this week and for the next few weeks, but its mostly crafty creative stuff that i love =)
Chocolate Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
15 hours ago





3 comments:
Sounds busy and fun. We have to buy a new tree and some ornaments. The tree we have is over 9 feet tall. Great for the house in Oklahoma but not so great in a house with lower ceilings. It's fine though since one day I would like a formal living room and then we can put up 2 trees. So, guess what we're doing this weekend. Have a fun week!
If I had room I'd like to do a regular Christmas tree and then a theme Christmas tree every year. Hmmm.. maybe I could fit a small tree over in the corner of my dining room.
Can't wait to see your calendar!
I was sent to your blog by Christine Oliver. I used to work with Jason. I have to say I think you are my long lost sister or something because you and I are SO alike. Your color scheme Christmas thing made me laugh especially the part about you thinking about talking your husband into new christmas lights to go with it. :o) Also we have 2 blonde girls :o) Mine are 6 and 19 months though. And we are both crafy but I think you have me beat on that one. :o) I am intereseted to see what these clipboard things you are making for the teachers are like. Anyway just wanted to say hi!!
Post a Comment