Thursday, my grandma told me that my (great) aunt Vera was in the hospital. She was in severe stomach pain and passing blood. My grandma and her other sister, Bonnie, went to see her, 3hrs away, on Friday morning because Vera had been up all night with a horrendous headache. They were worried about their sister and usually in their family if someone is sick, they all go and sit with them. Out of 9 kids, the only ones living are my grandma and her 2 sisters. They are a close knit family. Anyway, she had an infection and rupture in her colon and was released Saturday evening late. While they were gone, my grandpa went to his cabin, which is 2hrs away from here and about an hour away from where my grandma was.
On Sunday, my grandma and Bonnie were on their way home when they called my grandpa to see if he needed them to come to the cabin. He said he was fine and was heading back to OKC later in the day. About 30 minutes later, he called back and said he got up to go to the bathroom and couldnt walk, couldnt see. He had my uncle, who lives near by, to rush him to the ER, and then called me and he was very very upset. It was such a small town, that the hospital had no doctor on duty. They believed he had a stroke and they were to life flight him to Tulsa, but they ended up waiting over 2 hours for the 'copter to get there! He was very incoherent and wasnt speaking. After a while he was able to express that his head was hurting really bad, but couldnt talk really.
On Monday, my aunt Helen (gpas sister) drove to Tulsa to see him. His speech was slurred a tad bit, and he seemed a bit confused every so often, but over all he seemed ok. He was able to move his left arm just fine, and walk (apart from being dizzy). His heart rate was in the 50s and his blood pressure was high. He said that they suggested for him to get a pace maker, but he wasnt going to do it. He is afraid he'll die during surgery. He was very emotional while telling us what happened. I know he thought he was going to die. I have been worried about his salvation for along time because of the way he acts and such. He had told my grandma that if something happens, he's ready to go. Thats a relief.
I know that I have mentioned that I have had some issues with him, but when something like this happens, I put all that behind me. I do love him, and I do care about him, and I do not want him to suffer. Ive only seen him cry once that I can recall, and that was during his brother's funeral a couple years ago (I dont think he cried at his own mother's funeral). So, I KNOW that this stroke scared him very bad since he was brought to tears during our conversation. I hope that this was a wake up call for him, as well as my money hungry uncle (who had just taken $10,000 from my grandpa not long before this happened because he was being sued).
My grandpa is out of the hospital now. I hope that he takes it easy.
The weekend started out pretty good for us though, apart from my aunt being in the hospital. After Mark got home from work, we had dinner and then went to Home Depot in the FREEZING cold and picked out our Christmas tree. It was over 10 feet high, so we had to cut some of it off. On Saturday, we decorated the tree and then I finished up our stockings that i made. They are kinda dumb actually.That night we went to the Chickasha Festival of Light. We left home at 6.20pm and didnt get home until after 10pm! We all went to bed right after getting home. It was fun though, we got out and walked around in the FREEZING cold, then got hot chocolate and drove through the rest of it. The girls really had a good time and it was nice for us to go do something as a family.
Then on Sunday, we got dressed and took family pictures, ourself. We are going to use one of them as our Christmas card picture. I was going to use Walmart's card template thing, but then I decided to design our own. After I send them out, ill post it on here =)
Here's the tree, its hard to get a good picture of it with the lights
Heres the stockings I made. Some of them have stuff in them, so they look smaller, but they are all the same size except for Gus's
Here's one of the pictures we got on Sunday. Catelyn's face cracks me up as she was about to stick the snowman in her mouth! Its not the one we used as our Christmas card pix though.





2 comments:
I think you did a great job on the stockings!
I actually thought about you last night and wondered what was going on in your life. I am sorry to hear about sickness in the family, but glad that your tree turned out so beautiful. It is awesome, and I love your stockings. I bought some at Hobby lobby yesterday for our dog, turtle and catfish, but they looked pitiful. Yours are so much better!
Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment