Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last day in '08....

This year has been pretty topsy-turvy to say the least. I got a new car, joined a gym, finally got my basset hound. My cousin passed away because of lung cancer. He was 44.

We took Courtney to the lake and she got to DRIVE the sea doo by herself with Mark on the back, of course. Talk about scary! But she LOVVVVVVVED it!!

Courtney started preschool! That was probably the most exciting thing for ALL of us! She also had her FIRST Christmas program--I almost cried!

My grandma and I sat up booths at 2 craft fairs and met some interesting people. My basset hound passed away at only 10 months old =(.

My in-laws came to visit from Massachusetts and we went to the pumpkin patch for the first time. My dad and I got along for, i'd say, 90% of the year, which is a miracle in itself. My grandpa had a stroke, but recovered without much problems, although he'll never be the same.

I got back in touch with my cousin, who once like a sister to me,only to learn the harsh reality of her life and addictions. I got a blackberry! We went and saw Christmas lights at THREE different places (MWC,Chikasha and Yukon).

We got a fish who has went from being Arield (Courtney puts a D on Ariel), to Nemo, to just Fishy. He's a red beta and seems pretty happy in his fish bowl.

We took out the carpet in the living room, dining area, and halls and put down wood laminate floors. We got rid of our micro-crap-fiber furniture,which was maybe 2 years old and we got leather!!!

We had some run-ins with neighbors, but we are still being civil to each other--after all we have to live nearly on top of each other. I met some wonderful girls and joined their mom group. I think they will make me some great friends!

I havent gone to church like I should, and I plan to change that. Ive had alot people show me that they are there for me, and I feel that I have done the same. Ive learned that sometimes we just have to help each other out and hold each other up.

I have realized that even though my family is often wacked up and its easy to point out everyone's faults and ignore their good parts, we are in this life together and we need to make the best of it. We have one life to live.

I have discovered that I am an old soul. Now i dont mean old soul, as some people might perceive it. I dont believe in previous lives, or special powers, or anything like that. I just feel as though my ideal time to live might have been along time ago, back when Victorian houses were what people lived in, women wore fancy dresses and big hats. I feel as though I should have lived in a small community where the entire town celebrated Christmas and had fun summer festivals. I should have lived in a time before electronics, before tv, before computers, but in a time where family was most important. Basically, i should have lived in my Christmas village--Canterbury Lane. When I lit up my village, and looked into the windows, I felt as though I could see LIFE going on in there. People were sitting around their tables, together, and so forth. Outside Santa and the kids decorated a Christmas tree, people were ice skating, and playing music. They were celebrating TOGETHER. Am I a nut? I think so. =)

So, what will 2009 bring for the N family? Hopefully more family time, getting more involved in church, exercising more and eating better. Arguing less and loving more. Being financially comfortable and learning to manage money better --man, i gotta control my shopping..LOL. Good health,and less sickness. More sucess than failures. More peace than turmoil. God's mercy.

Happy 2009.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Sounds like you had one heck of a year. It is always nice to reflect back on the year and see what things were accomplished and what lessons were learned. May God fill your heart and home with many blessings in the coming new year.

Blog Archive