Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Before & After : Actions

OK, I am pretty much lost when it comes to Photoshop--I wish I could beg someone to come over and show me lots of cool stuff, but I dont think I know anyone that knows much about it. I really dont even know what version of it I have. I got the link to TRA's webpage from Kate, and I downloaded their free samples. Below are pictures of my girls that were edited using the Super Fun Happy action. The first picture is SOOC (straight out of camera) and the 2nd is using the action, which do you like better?






7 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm jealous you have photoshop at all. I have been asking for it for years!

Tye Durbin said...

I contribute weekly Photoshop/Photoshop Elements tips on www.MomShots.com Check it out! It might be right up your alley! :D

I really enjoy your blog too!

~TYE

@nnie said...

I have been learning about it in little snippets for the last 3 years... my favorite thing to do is watch short online tutorials to get tips on how to do certain things...

Christine said...

I love the edited pix. I love Adobe Lightroom. It's pricey but very easy to use. You can download a free trial of it from their site.

Amber said...

Melinda, my uncle gave it to me. Im sure my husband wouldnt BUY it for me.

Tye, I have read some of your tips on momshots and I need to try them out =) thanks!!

Annie, I have watched a few tutorials, I think thats the best way that I learn.

Christine,thanks for sharing! Ill check out the free trial!

Country Girl said...

For the first pic, not so much on the Super Fun Happy. You might try lowering the opacity a little bit on it. Or maybe you already did that! (sorry)
For the second pic, loved it.

Super Fun Happy is a great action, but I don't think I've ever used it "full strength". To lower the opacity after you run it, you have to click on the layer that actually says "Super Fun Happy" and lower it from there, using your sliding opacity bar. I hope I'm not confusing you. I was so easily confused when I started. And I have PS2. I don't know how to tell what you have. My son loaded it for free into my laptop.

He actually loaded Lightroom in it too but I couldn't figure it out and it kept jamming everything in my computer so I had to delete it.

Sorry this comment is so long.

Country Girl said...

Yeah, it's me again. Just wanted to say that with color photos, Super Fun Happy tends to really wash out the faces.

Did you download TRA's Set #2 (The Revenge) which is free? Or are they only giving you one set of freebies?

Blog Archive