Friday, April 10, 2009

Man, am I a slacker or what?

I havent updated this thing in forever and a day! I just havent been in the bloggin' mood in awhile now. Actually, come to think of it, I havent been in the mood for ANYTHING that I normally enjoy. I kind of got "weird" when the wonderful woes of the 1st trimester hit me. I even lost interest in my favorite thing to do : eat!

So, tomorrow will be week 14 for me and 1 week in the 2nd trimester. I still dont feel great though, but I know I will soon enough. Really, i just want to get my house back in order. Right now its nothing short of a disaster area, and I just dont feel like cleaning......or cooking......or eating.

Yesterday, in this great state of Oklahoma, we had some pretty serious wild fires break out. My heart so goes out to those who lost their homes. I understand their pain, although losing my home on May 3,1999 wasnt due to a fire, but rather a tornado. I heard on the news today that the devastation in MWC was worse than that of May 3,1999--and that was BAD, so I cant even imagine.... I hope none of you Oklahoma bloggers were affected!!!

So, its suppose to rain Easter...BOOOO! We might take the girls to the lake tomorrow and have a picnic and hide eggs and fly kites! I hope the weather is atleast nice enough for that. Sunday we'll have dinner at my grandmas.

I just want to recognize what TODAY is though. Today is the day that our Lord Jesus Christ suffered the unthinkable for US. Today is the day of His crucifixion, His death for OUR sins. When I think of what today means for me, and you, I just want to lay down on my face and cry. He suffered so much so that we can live. I hope that everyone stops to think about it, and thank Him today, for what he went through so many years for YOU. Easter isnt about egg hunts and eating, its about soooo much more!! Thank you, Lord, for saving us.



2 comments:

Melinda said...

We've missed you!

Yes, yesterday was an awful day here in OK. A few of our friends were evacuated from their homes; but luckily did not lose them. And we had 70mph wind gust out here in western OK which knocked some gutters off my house, broke part of my fence and tossed a bunch of stuff around.

Tracey said...

So I have been looking around with the fires and all around me. Luckily I was safe but I really don't think it was worse than May 3. It's bad don't get me wrong but May 3rd was worse. Glad your pregnecy is going ok wish you felt better. Sorry I have been slacking on talking to ya. Busy these days!!!

Blog Archive