I spend so much time worrying about trivial things, like if we are ever going to be able to move to a bigger house, how are we gonna have a family of 5 in this house that once seemed big to us when we were just a family of 3? But, does it really matter?
I worry about putting pictures up on the walls and decorating for fear that there is going to be another tornado or a fire. I do put pictures up, and I do decorate, but I NEVER hang a picture without that thought entering my mind. I guess its because we lost so much 10 years ago on May 3, that Im still afraid of losing all we have again. But, does it really matter?
I worry too much about my weight and how fat I look (well im pregnant now, so that worry will pick up again probably the day the baby is born)...I obsess over the scale and beat myself up over eating not so healthy things. But, does it really matter?
Im now starting to feel old. 30's for other people doesnt seem old to me, but to ME, it does. In October, i will be entering my last year in my 20s. I remember when I was one of the young ones....now there's other young ones...living it up around 18-25 or so and here I am, 28 a mom of a 4yr old..a 2yr old..and pregnant with another. I just feel old, but does it really matter?
Yesterday, I sat here with the TV off, while the girls were napping, and I was looking around the house at our belongings. Things that seem so important to us, things that we have spent too much money on, things that are just THINGS, really dont matter.......I know that one day all this stuff will be gone. It wont matter how many pictures I took of my kids, what kind of TV we have, whether our house is big enough, what size the clothes in my closets are, how many toys my kids have, whether or not I have wrinkles. It wont matter what color the walls are painted, what kind of car I have, or how many friends I have, or dont have, or if my flower bed looks good or not.It wont matter what so and so said about me, or what others think of me. It wont matter if I have 1 grey hair or tons of grey hairs.
All this stuff that I put so much time and energy into on a daily basis, will one day be gone. When i was looking at our stuff, i could almost picture a fire sweeping across the land and burning up everything in its path. The fire I pictured didnt save anything, not one picture, not one tv, not one toy, not one pair of jeans. Everything was just gone, as were we.....none of it mattered.
I need to start living my life as if nothing here really matters (apart from the important things, like my family)...and start living as if this stuff is so trivial compared to what the future holds for Christians. When the time comes for me to die, or go up in the rapture, the only thing that I'm going to be concerned with is the fact that I am going to meet my maker....I am not going to be concerned with whats happening to all my Earthly belongings....I wont give it a second thought!
Chocolate Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
15 hours ago





2 comments:
This was a really good post. When we were in OK I obsessed over the fact that our house wasn't very big and I didn't have enough room to put pictures up of my kids. Now we're in a rental house that's smaller and I haven't put one picture up. I look at my kids instead of photographs that I had other people take of them. I also haven't had a prof pic taken this year. You're right, our earthly possessions are just that, earthly. We're not taking them with us when we go to heaven. We need to live life like there's no tomorrow.
Amen Sister!! I often wonder the same things!! And I think you are right none of it matters!!! GREAT POST!!!
Post a Comment