Ive ventured into the quilting world....sort of. I really dont know much about it at all, but im trying. I want to make quilts for each of my girls.....I think the biggest thing I'm not sure about is the "Binding" part of it...everything else I think I get......Ill post pictures when/if I get them completed!
Im currently 28.5 weeks pregnant! Less than 12 weeks until my due date! I am actually praying that she comes a couple weeks early, on Sept 24th, which is my grandma's birthday. I think that would mean the world to both of them to share a birthday! Neither of my girls came on time, so if this one does, I'll be suprised! Im getting so anxious to meet the sweet baby! We still have a ton of stuff to buy and do and I hope that we can get it done before she gets here! I still cant believe I got rid of ALL my baby stuff and that we are having to start over!
We've had a couple things happen that havent been fantastic though. First, I had to go the hospital a couple weeks ago. I was afraid I was in preterm labor....i was hurting in my lower back and lower stomach (i usually have back labor) and it went on for about 17 hours before I finally went in. I just wanted to be sure that everything was ok and with the baby, it was. She's perfect. I had an ultrasound done on my kidneys and bladder which showed that I have "Hydronephrosis", which is basically when my kidney wont drain and swelling occurs. Its in both kidneys, but worse in my right. It can be pretty painful to say the least. My doctor thinks that after Cammy is born, it will go away because my uterus is tilted to the right and its pushing on my kidney and clamping off the tube that empties it. I hope she's right that it will go away!
Then, a couple days after that, I was outside with my dogs and they were waiting on me to fill up their pool when all of a sudden, my neighbors pit bull broke through our wooden fence, right by where we were, and grabbed Haley's snout and started pulling her under the fence! Haley is my 7 month old lab mix puppy! So, to make a long story short and so I dont have to relive it (as if i dont on a daily basis still), I was playing tug of war with this beast of a dog with my dog in the middle. It finally let go of her and she ran up to the porch with dog coming after her. My big dog, Gus (125lb black lab), went after that dog, biting it and keeping it away from Haley and myself. I had fallen while pulling Haley back into my yard and I still had to get up and get to the house, even though the dog was near my back porch. I had my water hose and I kept spraying the dog in the face to blind her and keep her back as I ran into the house. I got both my dogs in and called Mark and my mom to come help me. I was afraid to look at Haley's face and i was completely freaked out. I thought I was going to go into labor because contractions started, I got very nauseated, and I was absolutely hysterical! Luckily, I didnt go into labor and Haley was ok. She did have alot of bite marks on her face and one big gash next to nose that didnt require stitches, but bled until the next day. The vet checked her out good and said she'd heal without stitches. Mark dealt with the neighbors, who were asleep when I was out there fighting their dog and screaming until I had NO voice left! They were very upset at the dog (its their son's) and now they are keeping BOTH of their pits in a chain link cage in the back yard. I have been so scared to let my dogs back out there, but we put up chicken wire (which I know wont stop a pit) to make sure that neither of my dogs can get their heads or snouts in there. Luckily Haley just has scars and is ok! If it werent for my dog Gus, there is no telling what could have happened. He truly stepped up and kept that dog away from us, I am so thankful for, and proud of him!
Here are a couple pictures of my dogs from today, they were playing in their pool!
Gus and Haley
This picture cracks me up, she looks like she's smiling!
Haley's got some freaky eyes! They were kind of squinted because of the sun. You can see the small battle scars from her incident...there are more on the top part of her nose and the side and up farther on her snout where its furry. She's rotten, but I love her!





3 comments:
Did you know I have a Cammi? Except that it's Kami. Such a sweet name. I just love it. Good to hear from you and know that you are doing ok. And thank goodness your dogs and your family is all safe. Maybe that happened NOW for a reason, so that the pitts could be tied up in the future when maybe your kiddos would be vulnerable. God is watching over you.
Yes, i did know that you have a KAMI! Is her's short for something? Our Cammy is just Cammy, not short for anything.
I agree, God is definately watching over us! I hate that the attack happened, but so thankful it wasnt worse and its made us take more precautions,and them.
I like that one picture of your smiling dog, too! It's funny and cute. =0)
I haven't been blogging much, either. I just don't have anything to say lately.
Post a Comment