....A new year...A new beginning....
Isn't that what so many of us say each year, and we fall back to our old ways shortly after we ring in the new year? I know for me personally, I dont think I've ever really kept a resolution! I know that if I mess up, then I feel like a failure and just give up instead getting back on track and continuing with my journey.
Each year, I say THIS year is going to be different. Each year is nearly the same unless we've added a new baby to our life, which forces things to be different.
I am really tired of the same ol', same ol' life. Ive been feeling down lately, and some what depressed. I feel like I've lost control over my life, in a way. Its not like im spiraling out of control on drugs or something like, I just dont have the desires I once I did and every day im just BLAH.
So, then I realized it. Its because I'm not living for God the way I should be! I mean yes I believe, yes I pray, yes I do try and be a witness whenever the situation arises...but how can one REALLY be a witness if they aren't truly LIVING it as well? Ive been wanting to get back into church for months now, but I've had excuses---I dont know where to go...I dont want to go alone (my husband isnt a Christian)...Its too cold...I just had a baby a few months ago and im still too fat to fit into my decent clothes...Its cold and flu season...etc etc etc, etc. So, Sunday after Sunday passes, and I still havent gone to church (not that I HAVE to go to church to be a Christian---I NEED to go and fellowship) and I still feel bad about it.
So, on New Years, a fellow facebooker put up a post about reading the Bible in chronological order over the year. Ive never done that before, so I decided to take the challenge as well! She also made a group so that we are held accountable and can encourage each other to stick with it! Just what I needed! If I cant stick with simply reading for about 15 minutes a day, or so, then I cant stick with anything! So, here's website where it gives you what to read, if anyone is interested in it, I think its going to be pretty neat to read the Bible this way! One Year Bible OnLine - Weekly Chronological Readings I printed it off and have it in my Bible.
Another thing that I know I need to get straightened out in my life is my health. I have never been good at taking care of myself (eating good, exercising, and the like). I often wonder just how healthy am I really. I'd be scared to find out. So, this year I plan to start eating better, however I will not give up my beloved chocolate completely. I plan to exercise more and get back into running, which is something I love to do. I plan to teach my children, while they are young, to take care of themselves by putting good things into their body and not junk. I have been pretty diligent about not letting them eat much junk as it is, but as kids, they want it. I am so proud of them both for asking for water and milk instead of pop. Neither of them really care for pop, probably because they dont get it very often.
This spring we are going to plant a container garden filled with herbs and some of their favorite foods. Courtney LOVES tomatoes and she'd be willing to eat them straight off the vine. Ill have to do some more research on what other veggies would grow good in containers. I think that the girls will love planting and harvesting foods for us to eat later at lunch or dinner! Hopefully that will encourage them to want to eat good as well.
Another thing I'd like to do is save money and manage it better. I am a shopaholic. I mean its bad. I get mad or upset and I feel like I must shop to make myself feel better. I dont even necessarily buy things for myself, in fact thats rare, but I buy food and stuff for the kids or house mostly. Ive got to learn to make myself feel better ways other than shopping.
We want to eventually move, but we need to get some things paid off first before we'll be able to do that. So, thats a goal for this year, work towards paying down debt so that we can get a newer, bigger house!
2010.......I have goals set for my life that are serious enough to me to keep them. I am going to do my best to keep them and if I fall behind, ill remember to just pick up where I left off and keep on going!!!
So, here's to a NEW YEAR and a NEW ME!
Chocolate Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
14 hours ago





No comments:
Post a Comment