Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ive got Doves!

Ive got a bird feeder out back that my mom gave me in the spring. It holds quite a bit of feed, but i usually have to fill it weekly because of all the birds that come to it. If i use feed with a bit of corn in it, then rabbits come out early in the morning and late evening and eat under the feeder.

Anyway, for the past week or so, ive noticed 2 doves eating from my feeder. I see them sitting on the fence alot, together, so im pretty sure they've made their home in the tree or somewhere in my backyard. My grandma told me that doves mate for life and if one dies, the other doesnt take on a new mate. Its sweet to see them out there eating from the feeder together because I know that they are a "couple" and not just random birds.

Maybe its silly, but i think its cool that they are living out back, and eating the feed that i put out =] I love doves! Maybe sometime I can snap a picture of them to put here, but right now its pouring down rain....and there they sit, on the fence, in the rain....

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey... that's funny you came across my blog. How did you find it? Your girls are really cute, and I love that your posts are so real - very thought provoking. It will be fun to get to know each other through our blogs.

Blog Archive