And now, fall is upon us. Blah. Now normally I would be looking forward to fall, and i sorta am, but how did this summer go by so fast???
I had so many fun summer plans and we didnt hardly do a thing. We went to the lake with the seadoo ONCE. I didnt even get into the water. We went the zoo and Arbuckle Wilderness, that was fun. We went to Eufaula ONCE..and only for a short time. We didnt camp, or fish or do many outdoor activities. It was either too wet, too hot, or too many dang mosquitos by the time we could do anything. My girls and I get swarmed by mosiquitos, so after about 6pm, we stay inside. We have a couple trees out back, and even during the day, if you are near the trees, there's mosquitos. I know it probably doesnt seem like that big of deal, but when you have kids that end up with mosquito bites bigger than half dollars, you do your best to avoid it.
Anyway, fall isnt bad. I like decorating for Halloween and taking my girls trick-or-treating (this year i might make their costumes!)...I love fall colors and seeing the leaves change. Thanksgiving Dinner usually rocks! The weather is usually cool enough to play outside and actually enjoy it rather than sweating the entire time. Its the season after fall that I dislike greatly.
Winter sucks. When I was a kid, i LOVED it! We'd get awesome snows, which meant snow angels, big snowmen, sledding, snow ice cream! But now....we get ICE. My daughter is gonna be 4 in 3 days and she has not go to play in the snow ONCE. Last winter it a snowed a good snow once. An hour later, it was gone. NO JOKE. It didnt even look like it snowed. She didnt get to play in it because she was taking a nap during it and i was gonna let her go outside after she woke up. So, i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we get actual snow this winter, and not ice storms that are threatening to knock our power out. We have a fire place, but no wood =( Usually we just buy those log things that burn for a couple hours, for looks mostly, and then thats it. They dont really put off much heat. Last winter we didnt lose power, by the grace of God, but my parents,and my neighbors across the street did. What a mess. Not only did people lose their food, but tons of trees were destroyed, so that meant big clean up jobs.
Anyway, as the world turns, the seasons change and right now we are ending Summer and coming into Fall. We are going to make the best of the cooler weather..and try to make the best of Winter all while we are looking forward to spring, and the thought of getting to plant new flowers and spend time outdoors again =)
Gooey Oven-Baked Mac and Cheese
19 hours ago





1 comment:
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I would love to meet you sometime. We're in the process of trying to get a job transfer so we could be moving very soon but I do have a local mom group that you might want to check out. Just email me sometime and I'll let you know how. benandemilysmom@gmail.com
Post a Comment