My friend had posted a myspace bulletin with a link to a Freebie site, http://www.freebies4mom.blogspot.com/ and while browsing there, i discovered http://www.momadvice.com/ . I really thought her blogs were good,but when I found the Aldi Queen blog, I knew I hit a jackpot!!! Amy has recipes that are made with stuff you can buy at Aldi....She has menu planners....She's awesome! Theres tons of stuff listed on the left side under CATERGORIES.
And...I found a baked potato soup recipe that I have got to try (although i would not be using 12 slices of bacon...maybe 3-4)
Baked Potato Soup
4 large baked potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk (whole or two percent)
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
12 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out the pulp and put it in a small bowl. Melt butter in a large pot. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly. Stir in potato pulp, salt and pepper, & ¾ of the cheese. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream. Top with remaining bacon & cheese.
Makes four servings.
Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Ok, now im off to spend too much time on these new discoveries,but hopefully ill find some wonderful recipes, and tips, and free stuff!
Gooey Oven-Baked Mac and Cheese
19 hours ago





2 comments:
mmmm... I love bacon. I'd probably add all12 slices to my soup. I'll copy that recipe and make it at some point this winter. Thanks for the new blogs to read!
I love discovering new sites as well. Thanks for the references and for the recipe - it looks delish!
Post a Comment