Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring weather, in February

Im sitting here right now watching the weather men telling us that there has been atleast 2 confirmed tornadoes touch down. Luckily, they were quite a ways north of where I live, but still scary to say the least.

May 3, 1999...I was 18, still living with my parents when a HUGE tornado came through and tore our neighborhood apart, along with others. It was clearly the scariest thing I've ever lived through--I was above ground in a bathroom-- so I do not take any kind of tornadic activity lightly.

I might post my story some day......I have blocked out alot of what happened that day, and the year or so after. It traumatized me and I have just gotten to where I rarely dream about it, rather than dreaming about often like I have for about 8.5 years. To be able to tell the story, I'd have to dig deep, and re-live it, and there are only certain times that I feel comfortable talking about it and it wont affect me later....other times, I cant talk about it at all. When I can, ill post.

Okie Bloggers------I hope you all are safe and haven't been affected by todays tornadoes.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I am sitting here watching it, too.
I can't imagine going through the May 3rd tornado. We lived about where I do now and so thankfully we were just south of it's path. We walked outside and saw the mile wide tornado going across north Moore. So scary.

Stefunkc said...

Oh boy. May '99...I don't think I've ever met someone who lived through it. Interesting since I live just a few miles from there. I'm safe and glad to hear that you are, too!

Dawn said...

That was such a horrific storm. My husband's first cousin and his girls were badly hurt in that tornado. The lived out at Bridge Creek that was hit so hard. The two girls were in comas with brain injuries among others.

We were watching TV and actually saw Tawney on TV when they were showing the triage they had set up. They passed her up because they didn't think she was going to make it. It was heartbreaking. But, she did surive. They all three did.

I remember when I lived in Moore when I was in kdg. and first grade. Our house was hit by a tornado. The 99 storm wiped that house out. Moore gets hit almost every stinkin' time!!

Blog Archive