Friday, May 22, 2009

I tried......and I failed.....

Ok, i got this idea from Kristen at Grace Violet to make these little portable doll houses for my girls...I dont have the houses made yet (i will be using foam board since they will be traveling by plane cross country)..but I attempted the dolls. And...well...just keep reading and you'll see the end result (which I WILL be re-doing)

Unfinished peg dolls
Mistake #1..i should have painted the entire doll white

Mistake #2,3,4--First off, the faces look STUPID....they look like clowns.....then i used scrap book paper when I should have used cloth, so the paper didnt lay down well....and I should have got off my lazy tail and found some better matching ribbon instead of just what I had around my work area---some sticky ugly ribbon type stuff that doesnt match at all......LOL so....this is my hideous 1st attempt....pics to come later when I re-do them this weekend =) Go ahead. Laugh. I know they are ugly. LOL Oh, and attempt #2 will probably be 2 little girls instead of a boy and girl..since we only have girls. There wont be 3 yet since Charlee isnt here yet....

Oh, and the other day I was at my grandma's and spotted this squirrel....I could have probably gotten closer, but I felt as though he was warning me with a stare down........or else he was just waiting to run off.




4 comments:

Brandy said...

I think you did an awesome job! I love them!

When we were at Frontier City the other day we had a squirrel climb into Natalie's stroller while she was on a ride. He had a good time crawling in the basket, into our bags, and into her seat. :)

Great Picture.

@nnie said...

you know what? no matter what you think, the kids will love them. That's the truth!

Melinda said...

Awwww - I think they are adorable!

Stefunkc said...

Okay, those are adorable!! MUCH better than I could ever do!

Blog Archive