Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oklahoma....

For the last couple weeks it has been so beautiful cotton pickin rainy and muddy with hardly any sun at all in this great state of Oklahoma TORNADO FLIPPIN ALLEY. Who wouldn't live here, where you get nice rain showers at just the perfect time loud thunderstorms that often drop hail while you are in bed trying to sleep

During the summer months drought months of around 100 degree days the rain doesnt get in the way of your plans very often and is always welcomed dreaded because its usually a storm, and the drought returns the next day anyway. Some days the wind blows ever so softly and cool on a hot summers day sometimes violently, loudly, sometimes stirring up dust storms, or its HOT wind that blows

During the winter, we get beautiful white snow that my daughters love to play in stupid ice storms with like 3 flakes of snow--my kids have never played in the snow

Yeah, wouldnt YOU like to live here?

Im obviously kind of irritated because last night I was sleeping so good and nearly got scared of my bed by the sirens going off because of a tornado warning. I didnt get much sleep last night because of the tornadic weather, the loud thunder, lightening, hail and wind that scared my daughters into my bed, where they talked too much instead of sleeping. Once they were back in their beds, my 4yr old was too scared to sleep for fear that the thunder would "get her" and she kept yelling across the house to me, which kept everyone, including the dogs awake for a LONG time.

But im not bitter =) This crazy weathered state has been my home for 28.5 years, im used to it =)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

lol... nice writing technique. I often wonder why I live in this most awesome state. But then I remember my family is here and so are many good friends. I suppose I'll stick around and deal.

@nnie said...

Very well said! Too funny! As a 40 year veteran of this place, I can TOTALLY relate.

Stefunkc said...

I've been here 36 years...and I wouldn't live anywhere else!

Blog Archive